Our old deck had seen better days and was starting to show signs of needing repairs or replacement. So, this spring I decided to strip and rebuild it. I took a week off from work and spent the time removing the old boards and rebuilding the deck. It ended up being a family project and everyone chipped in to help out. It was a lot of hard work and its not completely finished yet but at least it looks better than it did. I can’t wait to be able to spend time outside enjoying it.
The old deck
Stripping the old deck
Building the new Deck
Memorial Day – ALMOST DONE
Well, I finally finished the log table and its out poolside. I think it looks really great and I hope it lasts.
Here are some pictures of the table and Nick relaxing with his feet up.
I’ve been building the log table for a week or two now and its just about ready for final assembly. I’ve been taking extra care to protect the top of the table since it will be exposed to the elements and it does already have some checking in the wood. I have applied several coats of UV resistant polyurethane with sanding between coats. I have to just apply a coat or two to the underside and then we should be done.